It would seem that not only is it award season for the entertainment world, but also for our blogging community!
And these days I feel like Meryl Streep. Krysti Meyer from YA and Wine was kind enough to nominate me for this Liebster Award and I am thrilled! Thank you Krysti–For those of you who don’t know her, you must check out her blog. It’s awesome! Not only do you get brilliant book recommendations, but she will expand your wine knowledge (and probably your wine collection) too.
- Thank the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
- Nominate 11 people and give them 11 different questions to answer.
What hero from a Dystopian novel do you think our world needs right now?
There are so many great characters to choose from but since I just finished this series not to long ago, I’m going to go with Ben Parish AKA Zombie from Rick Yancey’s “The 5th Wave.” Not only is he tough and fearless, he is absolutely relentless. You can shoot him and he will keep on going. He’s also a born leader.
What book have you read that has lifted you up and made you feel stronger?
It’s a little cheesy but “Eat, Pray, Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. I too was going through a painful separation at the time of its release and I couldn’t afford to travel to distant lands to escape my pain. I found Gilbert’s story very comforting.
Name one book that has made you better understand a different culture.
Again I would have to say “Eat, Pray, Love” and “The Life of PI” even though it is a little whimsical.
What’s your favorite diverse book you read in 2016?
The Girl From Everywhere” by Heidi Heilig
What diverse book are you most looking forward to reading in 2017?
It’s the next book on my TBR pile. It’s called “In a Guilded Cage” by Mia Kerick and it is a fairy tale retelling of Rapunzel but the lovers are two men called Lucci and William. I am really looking forward to it.
What book would you make required reading for everyone in the world if you could?
“The Children of Men” by P.D. James. In hopes that it would scare the world into getting its shit together!
What book quote do you find most inspiring?
“I don’t think… then you shouldn’t talk,” said the Hatter–Is one of many “Alice in Wonderland” quotes that I love.
If you could have any super power, which one would you choose?
Super healing abilities– I have a lot of health issues lol.
Pick a genre: Contemporary, Fantasy, Dystopian, Mystery, or Science Fiction.
Dystopian every time.
What is your favorite book series of all time?
I can’t possibly answer that! There are too many I love.
And because I just have to, if you could have a chat with any book character over a glass of wine, who would you choose?
Lestat because he can tell me the history of the world and hello? Sexy vampire?
- Favourite literary character, living or dead?
- What is you favourite book to film adaptation?
- Which one do you consider the worst?
- Any celebrity crushes? Can be a celebrity or a role or character.
- Favourite animated feature?
- If you could turn any book into a videogame which one would you pick?
- Is there a film that wasn’t nominated for an oscar that you feel should have been?
- Favourite author and/or director?
- Do you read entirely on an electronic device or are you a purist and love that new or old book smell?
- If you could be any member of the Justice League, who would you pick?
- Is blogging/ writing your full-time gig or do you have a day job?
Thanks again Krysti! Fantastic questions. You really made me have to use my brain 😉
Nominations (No pressure guys)